I am kicking off the “motherhood” section of MKIA with my 5 favorite baby products. After nearly 11 weeks of twin baby bliss, I now know I could not live without these:
1. Wimmer Ferguson Infant Stim-Mobile: This is my son’s first bff. Seriously. He smiles at this mobile with sincere love in his eyes. The shapes and bold color contrasts are engaging for infants because it’s easy for them to see. I have ours hanging over the changing table and each time Charlotte and Will lay there they immediately look at it, smile, giggle and coo. Occasionally when they are fussy I use it as a distraction and it almost always calms them.
2. Aden and Anais Muslin Swaddle Blankets: Simply the best blanket on the market. If you own any others, you can toss them now. These muslin miracles are super soft and have the perfect amount of “give” to get your newborn wrapped up just right. Later, after swaddling is no longer necessary, they make great cuddle and light stroller blankets. I have a lot of the designs but I find the stars to be the best for swaddling because they hold their shape best. Go to adenandanais.com for the latest designs.
3. Wubbanub Pacifiers: Thank you, thank you, thank you Wubbanub people for inventing these pacifiers! Any mom knows the value of a good pacifier to help calm a fussy Boo Boo but keeping that paci in place can be difficult, especially with newborns. With a Wubbanub, pacis stay put while resting on a baby’s chest thanks to the adorable stuffed animals “sucking” on the other end. They come in all varieties, from frogs and kittens to elephants and giraffes. As your baby grows and learns to grab, they can start to hold them on their own.
4. Hi Sense BabySense V Baby Safe Infant Movement Monitor: The only baby monitor on the market that can alert you to a lack of movement in your baby’s crib. This amazing machine can sense the slightest breathing movements from your baby that are not visible to the naked eye, giving us new parents an additional level of security so we too can get some much needed rest.
5. California Baby Calendula Shampoo and Bodywash: All the California Baby products are 100% botanically based and naturally tear-free but so far this is my favorite. We use it at bath time and also to make homemade baby wipes (recipe for that coming soon) and my babies have never had a skin irritation or diaper rash.
All these items can be found at amazon.com.